Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Recent News

My photo titled "Alpenglow, Mt Hood" is currently displayed on the main page of the Oregon Wild Website This photo was also featured in the Oregon Wild Winter/Spring Magazine

"Alpenglow, Mt Hood" White River, Mt Hood Wilderness. December 2009.
Nikon D80, 12-24mm Nikkor Dx, polarizer, 2 stop soft GND.
1.3 sec at f/16, ISO 100
.
Click image to see larger.


Also, my photo titled "Veratrum and Wildflowers" was chosen as an honorable mention in the Wildlands category of the 2010 Oregon Wild Photo Contest

"Veratrum and Wildflowers" Mt Jefferson Wilderness, July 2010.
Nikon D80 50mm 1.8. 1.8 sec at f/16, ISO 100, polarizer

Click image to see larger.

It's an honor for me to have Oregon Wild use my photos to help promote conservation of Oregon's wild areas. This is a cause that I truly believe in and I'm glad we have organizations like Oregon Wild serving as advocates for the land and animals. As a nature photographer, I feel I have an opportunity to use my images to convince the public that these places are worth saving.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting published! Your photos definitely deserve it, and I'm sure the Oregon Wild publication is better for it. :)

    ReplyDelete